01438 243 218 (Phone)
Offley War Memorial

Offley War Memorial

Offley War Memorial

The Offley War Memorial is situated on the Kings Walden Road by the junction with Salisbury Lane has just been cleaned.

The War Memorial was dedicated on 7th March 1920 with the Rev E P.Gatty and the Lord Lieutenant of Hertfordshire in attendance.

The memorial commemorates those lost in the First World War 1914 – 1918 and the Second World War 1939 – 1945

The memorial is on a base with a Crucifix on three base octagons. The figure stated to have been based on a carving in Worcester Cathedral

The memorial is made from Portland Stone and measurers

D:        2500mm

H:        4000mm

W:       2500mm

The War Memorial reference is

WMO/