OFFLEY PARISH COUNCIL
EQUALITY OPPORTUNITIES POLICY
The purpose of this policy is to provide equal opportunities to all employees, irrespective of their gender, race, ethnic origin, disability, age, nationality, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, marital status or social class. We oppose all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination.
All employees whether full-time, part-time, fixed contract, agency workers or temporary, will be treated fairly and equally. Selection for employment, promotion, training, remuneration or any other benefit will be on the basis of aptitude and ability. All employees will be helped and encouraged to develop their full potential and the talents and resources of the workforce will be fully utilised to maximise the efficiency of the organisation.
- Every employee is entitled to a working environment that promotes dignity and respect to all. No form of intimidation, bullying or harassment will be tolerated.
- The commitment to equal opportunities in the workplace is good management practice and makes sound business sense
- Breaches of our equal opportunities policy will be regarded as misconduct and could lead to disciplinary proceedings
- This policy is fully supported by all levels of management from the top and has been agreed with employers (National Association of Local Councils) and employees (Society of Local Council Clerks) representative bodies and trade unions.
- The policy will be monitored and reviewed annually